The Calder Family

The Calder Family

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What a day!

So today was a busy day! I babysit 2 other children besides my own on a full time basis, which my girls actually really enjoy. They have other kids to play with, and it keeps them busy and playing well together. Today we were lucky enough to add 2 more to the bunch! Merv and Annie Young were packing up and loading the last of their stuff today, and so we took Chloe and Gracie to hng out at our house. I wish I got a picture! It was a lot of fun, but pretty tiring. It makes me think of my own mother, who had 7 children under 10. Today I had 7 children under 6, but only for one day. It made me really think about my mother and how much she did for me, and how much time and effort went into every single day that we were at home. WOW! She's seriously my hero. I never really realized until I was a mother, and I'm still realizing it more and more every day what she did for me and my brothers and sisters. THANKS MOM!!! You really are a wonderful mother, and I know that you sacrificed a lot for us. I know that a simple "thank you" is not enough to pay back all those hours that were put into raising me, but I hope to be able to let you know how incredibly thankful I am. I love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that was a busy day! Glad everything went well though and hopefully it wasn't too traumatic for you. Sure the kiddies loved it!

Julia said...

oh renae, you are so cute :)
i think all mom's are some type of superhero. you certainly must have some talent, your girls are precious, and i know it's because of the great job you do raising them.

Karlee said...

Renae! You are super Mom already! Serious! You are a remarkable lady and there are SO MANY of us girls that talk about how much we'd like to be like you! I loved the day you had a run in your tights... I was like, see she's normal! :) You're so perfect! That was a big day. I was over at the Young's house helping them and it was a big job. It was so helpful to have the girls out of the way. They would have been so bored. It was SO HELPFUL that you took them! I bet they had a blast! What a day it must have been for you! Have fun with Kev!