I'm not sure how many people actually check my blog anymore. I know I am quite the slacker when it comes to blogging, but I hope a few still do. I just wanted to ask a favour of those who read this.
My little brother Christopher has recently been in a car accident in Alberta. It was during a really bad storm and the roads were aweful. He was with two other boys and they were heading home, and turning left off the highway when they lost control of the vehicle and swerved into oncoming traffic. They were side-swiped by a cemi-truck. The boy in the passenger side was killed instantly and my brother, who was sitting in the back seat, was severely injured. They had to rush him to a hospital two hours from my parent's home town. He is now in the ICU on full life support and in critical condition, and he is in a coma. We are not sure the extent of his injuries and we are just waiting.
I know that prayer is so strong, and know that the more people praying for something, the stronger it is. If you would be able to join our family that would be really wonderful. Thanks.
Friday, December 12, 2008
I was just thinking, after a long day, that even though being a mom is hard, tiring work, it sure is rewarding. I just thought I would list a few of my favourite things about being a mom (in no particular order):
- When Ethan looks up at me with the biggest grin ever, and when I tell him to come to me he giggles and crawls towards be as fast as he can.
- When Kristen crawls up into my lap, snuggling into me and says "I love you Mommy!"
- When Monica reads a book all by herself to me, which has many new and difficult words, and every page she looks up at me with a grin so proud of what she is doing.
- When Ethan gives me a hug and kiss
- when Kristen draws or creates anything (from lego creations to drawings) and exclaims proudly that they are for me.
- When Monica and I dance together and she just loves it.
- playing peek-a-boo with Ethan, and he's the one peeking!
- I could listen to Kristen's laugh and see her smile all day!
- doing a craft with Monica; she loves doing crafts and eats it up when I join her.
I think the list could go on for a long time, but these are a few that I can think of off the top of my head. I think I'm pretty blessed to have these kids of mine. They are pretty great!
Monday, December 8, 2008
I just thought I would update what we've been up to lately...I haven't been on here for a while. So the kids had fun on Halloween - Monica was the Wicked Witch of the West, Kristen was a bat (she wore her costume almost every day for the 2 weeks before Halloween), and Ethan was a little Tiger. They had a lot of fun trick or treating, and just last week finished the last of their candy!
For a stake Young Men and Young Women activity, Kevin and the rest of the leaders took them to Hatfield farms, and we were able to take the girls for a REAL pony ride! They were completely extatic! They talked about it for days after!
Here are a few shots of the crew that I take care of during the day (4 kids), and then the whole crew after school (6 kids). We have a lot of fun!
We enjoyed our first snow fall, and boy, did it ever fall! We coul not believe the amount of snow that Kevin had to shovel off our driveway. Thanks honey!