The Calder Family

The Calder Family

Friday, December 12, 2008

I love my kids

I was just thinking, after a long day, that even though being a mom is hard, tiring work, it sure is rewarding. I just thought I would list a few of my favourite things about being a mom (in no particular order):


- When Ethan looks up at me with the biggest grin ever, and when I tell him to come to me he giggles and crawls towards be as fast as he can.


- When Kristen crawls up into my lap, snuggling into me and says "I love you Mommy!"


- When Monica reads a book all by herself to me, which has many new and difficult words, and every page she looks up at me with a grin so proud of what she is doing.


- When Ethan gives me a hug and kiss


- when Kristen draws or creates anything (from lego creations to drawings) and exclaims proudly that they are for me.


- When Monica and I dance together and she just loves it.


- playing peek-a-boo with Ethan, and he's the one peeking!


- I could listen to Kristen's laugh and see her smile all day!


- doing a craft with Monica; she loves doing crafts and eats it up when I join her.


I think the list could go on for a long time, but these are a few that I can think of off the top of my head. I think I'm pretty blessed to have these kids of mine. They are pretty great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are pretty darn sweet kids! Being a mother definately is the most rewarding job out there