Friday, December 28, 2007
Sunday, November 25, 2007
1. Backpacking in the mountains - one of the first things we did together after we were married was go on an overnight backpacking trip together, and we've done a few more trips since then - the West Coast Trail (6 days), and the Howe Sound Crest Trail(2 days) to name a few. They were awesome experiences, and it's amazing how conquering over nature brings you so much closer together!
2. Bungy jumping - I know it's crazy, and we didn't actually go at the exact same time, but we watched and recorded each other. What a rush! It was really scary!
3. Travelling (just the two of us) - so far we've been on two trips together. One to Europe in the first year of our marriage (pregnant with Monica), and the other one was to Mexico (pregnant with Kristen). Both times they were a lot of fun. It's a good thing I travel well being pregnant.
4. Running/excersizing - when we can, it is a lot of fun to get out and pound the pavement together, or get on our bikes together. It was fun to train for a triathlon together last year. Unfortunately, Kevin wasn't able to attend the triathlon, but it was fun to have his support!
5. Dancing - both Kevin and I love to dance, and we don't get many opportunities to do so as married folk. Gone are the days of institute dances when we were dating. Once in a while we will find a place to dance, and we have a great time! One of our favourite dances is to jive & swing. Kevin's pretty good at flipping me around!
6. Eating - I know that it goes without saying that most everyone loves to eat, but we love trying different ethnic foods. Vancouver was awesome for having a ton of different restaurants. Some of our favourite cuisines include East Indian, Vietnamese, Mexican and Japanese (sushi) to name a few.
There are other little things we like to do together, but these are the ones that maybe are unique to our relationship. We love having fun together!
Monday, November 19, 2007
Thursday, October 25, 2007
This is our little family - Kevin, Renae (me), Monica and Kristen. At that time I was about 10 or 11 weeks pregnant. I am almost 33 weeks now, and so I'm a lot bigger. This is the most recent "family photo" that we have, and so I thought it would work as our opening blog.
We are now living in Halifax, Nova Scotia on the balmy east coast of Canada. It is wonderful to still be living beside the ocean (we lived in Vancouver for 4 years before we moved here) but it is amazing how different the east and west coasts differ. We already love it, and we've only been here for 4 months. I think it helps a lot that the people we've met so far are really wonderful and made us feel very welcome.
Anyways, enjoy our blog. Hope that you come and visit often and check out our family's progress.