I've seen a lot of people with their lists of favourite things, lists of random facts about them, and other types of lists. I thought I would do a list of fun things that Kevin and I have done together that might be interesting to some of you. Here it is:
1. Backpacking in the mountains - one of the first things we did together after we were married was go on an overnight backpacking trip together, and we've done a few more trips since then - the West Coast Trail (6 days), and the Howe Sound Crest Trail(2 days) to name a few. They were awesome experiences, and it's amazing how conquering over nature brings you so much closer together!
2. Bungy jumping - I know it's crazy, and we didn't actually go at the exact same time, but we watched and recorded each other. What a rush! It was really scary!
3. Travelling (just the two of us) - so far we've been on two trips together. One to Europe in the first year of our marriage (pregnant with Monica), and the other one was to Mexico (pregnant with Kristen). Both times they were a lot of fun. It's a good thing I travel well being pregnant.
4. Running/excersizing - when we can, it is a lot of fun to get out and pound the pavement together, or get on our bikes together. It was fun to train for a triathlon together last year. Unfortunately, Kevin wasn't able to attend the triathlon, but it was fun to have his support!
5. Dancing - both Kevin and I love to dance, and we don't get many opportunities to do so as married folk. Gone are the days of institute dances when we were dating. Once in a while we will find a place to dance, and we have a great time! One of our favourite dances is to jive & swing. Kevin's pretty good at flipping me around!
6. Eating - I know that it goes without saying that most everyone loves to eat, but we love trying different ethnic foods. Vancouver was awesome for having a ton of different restaurants. Some of our favourite cuisines include East Indian, Vietnamese, Mexican and Japanese (sushi) to name a few.
There are other little things we like to do together, but these are the ones that maybe are unique to our relationship. We love having fun together!
Monday, November 19, 2007
For Halloween Monica wanted to be a Chat Noir (black cat), and Kristen wanted to be a princess. That was until last minute Kristen decided she no longer wanted to be a princess, so we scrambled through our costumes and we convinced her that a pumpkin would be a pretty fun costume. So here they are!
I am caring for 2 other children full time besides our 2 girls, which keeps me busy. This doesn't stop us from getting out though! One friday in October Monica didn't have school and Kevin had the day off work, and we took the whole gang to an apple/pumpkin/corn maze farm. It was a lot of fun, and it was probably the most beautiful day of the season!