The Calder Family

The Calder Family

Sunday, April 13, 2008

All alone

So, I'm here by myself (with children) until the beginning of May. Yep, Kevin is in New Brunswick doing his mandatory rotation in Emergency. I miss him, but try to keep myself busy (like checking other people's blogs, going on facebook and cleaning!) During the day it's fine, but nights are a bit lonely. It's amazing how much I take having Kevin around for granted. I guess I really love him alot! The girls miss him too; especially Monica. She is close to tears when she tells me (every day) that she wishes Daddy was here RIGHT NOW! Wouldn't you know it too, that Ethan rolled over for the first time while he's gone! It was a pretty exciting moment - the first real physical milestone for him! The girls think it is so exciting that he rolls over on his own now (from tummy to back). Next goal, rolling from back to tummy!

5 comments:

Julia said...

a) i am so impressed with ethan. good job buddy!
b) if you need anything, please call us :) you and kevin are always so great to josh and i, i'd love to be able to repay you.

Just Rhonda said...

oooh i understand. Regan is doing a family medicine rural rotation in Claresholm. And I miss him too. the nights ARE Lonely!!!!!!

Rob said...

you know what i would do...get a huge blown-up cut-out of kevin, and have it around the house. it would be awesome. maybe i could take the cut out with me home teaching even. i bet the kids would love it, too. or maybe i am just a lunatic.

Leslie Lynn said...

I agree that you really don't realize how much the hubbies add to our lives until they are gone sometimes. Eric will be away for May and June. Though he should be able to come home on the weekends he doesn't have call. It is so hard to have them away. Wishing you good sleeps and fun days.

Karlee said...

It will all be worth it! You're super woman Renae! Really! If you need an out you've always got an open invitation to the Allred's! Too bad he missed the rolling over! Atleast you had Monica and Kristen to get excited about it with! He seems to be too little to be rolling! Where has the time gone?!!