The Calder Family

The Calder Family

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Son is a Genius

So, at nine months, Ethan already knows how to flush the toilet, and can do this by himself! He is a sneaky little guy, and whenever the bathroom door is open, he makes a bee line straight for it as fast as he can crawl. He pulls himself up on whatever he can find that is sturdy enough (and sometimes he finds out too late that it is not so sturdy!) and tries to figure out everything. So he got into the bathroom, pulled himself up onto the toilet, and found a cool little lever that moves when you pull on it! Voila! Instant cool flushing noise! Luckily the toilet lid was cosed, or I'm sure he would have found the swirling water too tempting to stay out of. I'm not sure if I should call it genius, or mischievious. Whatever it is, this kid is going to keep me on my toes. What will he get into when he can really get around?!

3 comments:

Julia said...

maybe that means potty training will be a breeze?!

Ashley said...

I was thinking the same thing as Julia...Potty training is just around the corner!
Ethan is such a cutie!

Kristi said...

Hey, it's great to see you back online. Keep the updates coming--in all of your oodles of spare time, right? Ha ha.

Not sure if I've sent you the links to our blogs, but you can see our family blog at http://kristiandjared.blogspot.com/ and my hobby-mommy blog at http://nurturemama.blogspot.com/

your trip to Alberta looked so fun. I'm glad you got to spend some time with your family. :)